Friday 29 August 2014

Compendium of Curiosities III ~ Challenge 9 ~ Sizzix Alterations Stamps and Framelits

The Curiosity Crew are continuing to takes us on a journey through Tim's Compendium of Curiosities Volume III, and we have arrived at challenge 9, which is to create a project using those lovely Sizzix Alterations Stamps and Framelits. Full details of the challenge can be found on Linda's Studio L3 blog here. In the spirit of the challenge, I will not reveal the techniques of how to use the Stamps and Framelits but you can find full instructions on Page 63 of CC3. This fortnight, it is the turn of the lovely Inspiration Emporium to sponsor the challenge with a very generous $50 gift certificate. Tim and Mario have also donated some wonderful goodies for the Curiosity Crew's Choice. Not bad eh?
My project is a birthday card using the the Birthday Blueprints set. This is a brilliant set which I'm sure I'll be using time and time again. Now back to my card, Birthdays are all about surprises and I wanted my card to be just that. The outside features the stamped and die cut cupcake in a monotone colour scheme. I raised the cupcake up with dimensional tape, and gave it a hint of sparkle with Rock Candy Distress Glitter, I'd forgotten how much I love this stuff ! The inside is rather more... well... what can I say....
a colourful, pop up, surprise ! A couple of cuts and a bit of folding gave me the pop up base ready to mount my pieced together cup cake on. Here's a side view showing the fold.
I hope you like my surprise birthday card, it was great fun to make. It will be back to the day job for me on Monday after a lovely long summer break. I've loved nipping up to my craft room whenever I've had spare time and it's getting harder and harder to drag myself away. I think I've got ink and paint flowing through my veins ! x

10 comments:

  1. Love your birthday card!!! The pop up makes it so fun and LOVE the colors on the inside. Beautiful use with the framelit challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni....your pop up birthday card is an absolute joy to look at! What a clever idea and a beautiful job of creating! I love the colors and your design. This is such a brilliant use of the framelits and stamps, too! Love it! Thanks for sharing with all of us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pop up surprise as well as the bright colours on the inside! This die seems to be out of stock where ever I try...have it on back order! I also love the glitzy stars in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the muted tones on the outside and wow - the inside - is just fabulous, full of gorgeous colour - a real surprise indeed - love this! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card, Toni. The pop-up cupcake and explosion of color are sure to bring a huge smile to the recipient. Thanks for sharing with us at CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Surprise!!! From the outside to the inside, what a WOW!!! Totally adore the colors in the inside! Thanks so much for playing along with us on this Stamps & Framelits challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, lovely colors and details. Hugs Arnhild

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this style. I was liking the outside but the inside is fabulous.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card certainly was a surprise Toni I was not expecting all those beautiful colours following the brown tones on the front, a wonderful original idea. Love the doily die edges too. Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun surprise pop up card Toni! love that lace edge!

    ReplyDelete