Friday 21 November 2014

Compendium of Curiosities 3 ~ Challenge 15 ~ Cabinet Card Pockets.

Ha ha ! Is it that time already? Anyone who has followed my CC3 entries will know by now that I'm a bit of a last minute person when it comes to these challenges. So without breaking the tradition here is my entry for the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge 15. This time the Curiosity Crew are asking us to have a go with the rather fabulous Cabinet Card Pockets. Details can be found on page 38 of Tim's Compendium of Curiosities Volume 3Linda over at Studio L3 is doing a fantastic job of hosting these fortnightly challenges and the Curiosity Crew never cease to amaze me, with their wonderfully inspirational pieces. Speaking of inspiration, the lovely folks over at the Inspiration Emporium are sponsoring Challenge 15, with a $50 gift certificate for one lucky winner. Just in time to purchase some Christmas goodies! Which reminds me... Tim and Mario have donated a whole heap of goodies, which the Curiosity Crew award to their favourite entry. So two great chances to win and if you come close,  ahem !... like I have ..er.... twice! then you have the honour of having  ' An Honourable Mention from the Crew, which makes you feel real good !
 
Any way, back to my project, it's a  circus themed canvas which measures around 7" x 9". I stenciled the stripes onto the background after chickening out from using a stripey page from my Merriment Paper Stash. It had such wonderful pictures on the back which I really want to use later on, so out came my Wendy Vecchi Yikes Stripes stencil and some Barn door and Festive Berries, Distress Paint. Because I wanted the stripes to be fairly precise, I used a light squirt of repositionable adhesive to hold the stencil nice and flat, during the process.
 I love the photo of this guy wearing  a clown fancy dress costume, I downloaded it from one of the free graphic websites so long ago that I've forgotten which one it is. I've been dying to use both this and the Oxford Impressions Vintage  Circus Stamps. I think the fancy dress guy, fits the Cabinet Card Pocket just right.. These cards are just so perfectly vintage, that I didn't feel the need to do anything other than a little Distress Ink blending around the edges. So that's it, all done and dusted ! x

14 comments:

  1. I hate clowns, but I love this project! Amazing work.
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic canvas Toni, I love how the lady hangs off the side of the cabinet card - brilliant work. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful canvss Toni! I love the background and all the fussy cut figures. Really cool! Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous canvas! Love your circus theme and all the stamping and collage work. Thanks for sharing this with us at CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you have used this theme...it makes me smile! That photo is perfect and the stamps all work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! This is super FUN!!! All of the images and ephemera are just super! LOVE the whole design! Thanks so much for playing along at CC3...love having you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this Toni!!! It is fun and you've done an amazing job with this challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous make! I love all of your detail! A real stunner! Good luck to you-this is a winner in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Toni...I am loving this circus themed canvas! You are right...that photograph of that crafty clown is awesome and I am sure he would be proud to know that he is the focal point of this wonderful piece! What a great use for your cabinet card! I also love those little circus people lined up across the bottom of your canvas. I love the red and white stripe in the background. Very "circus-y". :) Thanks for sharing your art with all of us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great circus theme creation Toni! very creative use of the cabinet card - LOVE all the vintage images you used here and the fun stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well isn't this just a super fun circus creation! Great job with the Cabinet Card challenge! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow - I love this! Like lots of people, I'm a little wary of clowns, but the vintage circus vibe here is too good to miss - fabulous make!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete