Sunday 19 April 2015

Twelve Tags of 2015 ~ April

Ha ha ! It's only April 19th and I'm posting my Tim Tag for his Twelve Tags of 2015 Challenge. This is positively early for me! This was yet another fun tag to make, I'm really not sure how Tim keeps coming up with these unique ideas every month. Although I've stuck closely to Tim's original tag, which you can see here, I had to do a fair bit of improvising and that was great because I was able to use my stuff ! Firstly I cut the tag using Kraft card and my Tag and Book Plate die. I haven't got the lovely Adventures Word Blocks dies, but I have got the Holiday Words block dies from last Christmas. There were actually several words I could have used from this set but I decided on using the word 'Earth'. Luckily for me I have got Tim's beautiful Flower Garden stamps. I went for a vintage look by stamping on some rust spots using a stamp from my 'most inked set' of Bitty Grunge stamps. I used my Pazzles machine to die cut the word 'beautiful' and just as I was threading the dyed seam binding through the tag, I glanced down on my rather messy craft table and in a little container of bits and bobs, I noticed a Dymo label with the word 'Mother' on it. The perfect finishing touch, 'Beautiful Mother Earth' Too right ! Thanks Tim, with this tag I feel that I've made the 'most out of my products' x

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous take on the original Toni and wonderful colour choice!! Love those flowers in purple!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous take! LOVE the flower and so nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Utterly gorgeous take on the April tag, Toni - your purple flowers are exquisite... such lovely watercolouring.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tag, adore the purple tones, just lovely. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty in the purples Toni!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag Toni ! Love the watercolour effect on the flowers. I've just ordered this set of stamps, so can't wait to do some dabbling with them. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete