Thursday 28 April 2016

Twelve Tags Of 2016 Re-Mix Challenge ~ April

Hi everybody !Whoop whoop! It's time for another great Tim Tag. For this months re-mix challenge, Tim has gone back in time to March 2012 and November 2015 and combined two great techniques, 'faux mosaic' and 'paint resist'. You can see Tim's fabulous work by following this link . Tim has updated the techniques by using his Distress Mosaic Kit and Distress Wood Grain Card Stock. I've used a few improvisations on my tag, but have stuck pretty close to Tim's. I was going for a 'broken china' look on my bird, using off cuts from the gorgeous Correspondence Paper Stash. I've scrolled back through my blog posts to see how I interpreted Tim's original tags and here they are........
This is my March 2012 tag and here is November 2015 with the paint resist technique in the background.......
Not long to wait for the next of Tim's re-mixes. I'm really enjoying these little trips going 'back to the future !' x

6 comments:

  1. I remember those tags...gorgeous...and your new make is gorgeous too! LOVE the blue mosaic pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the deep brown with the blue and grey! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see your older tags and the April one is beautiful - you definitely achieved the broken china effect! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your broken china bird (how funny that your original mosaic was avian too), and the woodgrain looks so natural in the background. Fab remix, and great to see the originals.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool to see the other tags you made in the past from the tag challenges and then to see the remix! Awesome sauce idea and your new tag with the broken China look is fantabulous! Wowzers! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful revisit, just LOVE the patchwork bird!! Fab! Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete