Monday 31 October 2016

Twelve Tags 2016 Re Mix Challenge~ October 2016

Happy Halloween! Here I am posting my tag for Tim Holtz's Twelve Tags Technique Re-Mix Challenge, very close to the 'dead' line! I seem to have some gremlins operating here. Firstly my laptop has taken about 2 hours to update and re-configure itself, Grrrrr! and then my post which was about half way done, disappeared and could not be retrieved, double Grrrr! Still, I will not be defeated, (pressing 'save' as I write) Now about this tag, once again Tim has used two fabulous techniques, Patchwork Collage, and Sizzix Monster. There's a little twist with the Patchwork Collage as Tim has used Distress Collage Crazing Medium. This creates very fine crackles on the surface, which are made more visible when Distress Crayon is rubbed in. I haven't got any of the monster dies,so I've improvised with a skull I cut on my electronic cutting machine.
Here's a close up, the crackles are just visible around the edges, I might use a slightly thicker application next time. By the way, that's paper from Tim's Laboratory Paper Stack with a spider web print, not crazing from the Collage Medium ha ha! You can also see the Tiny Attacher staples I've used, that I firstly coloured with Alcohol Ink.
I got a bit carried away with the red staples and used them to follow Tim's idea, by adding an extra piece to the top of my skull. Once again, a great fun tag to make and thank you Tim, for picking my September tag as one of your winners. It's such a great thrill when you see your name on the list ! x

3 comments:

  1. LOVE your tag!!! Quick question...where do you get the winner badges for Tim Holtz? I won in January and just noticed some people had these. Naturally, I freaked out. Because I MUST have one if everyone else gets one. (hee hee) Thanks for letting me know and I really do love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome Toni --I smell a winner!!! Fingers crossed! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great!!! Love the skull... Oh those scary teeth! What a fun take!

    ReplyDelete