Thursday 26 June 2014

12 Tags of 2014 - June

Time to post my June entry for Tim's Twelve Tags of 2014 Challenge. Tim has challenged us to have a go at 'mono-printing' with his fabulous Layering Stencils. You can see his lovely tag here. After experimenting with several different Layering Stencils and a variety of different colour ways, I decided on this monochrome version as it fitted so well with my current obsession for all things 'circus'.. and yes I hold Mr Holtz wholly responsible for re-kindling my love of circus imagery, after I acquired his fabulous Big Top stamps. Although the delightful images from that set are taking a rest, after being used on several birthday cards I've made recently, the sentiment managed to find it's way onto this tag as it seemed so appropriate for the stamp I've used.
Here are a few of the backgrounds I've reserved for future projects. I love the effect of the first one, which was achieved by printing a second time with the Stripes Layering Stencil, placed at a 90 degree angle to the first print. So that's it. My tag finished and posted and it's not even the last day of June! wonders will never cease. x

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely share your love of all things circus (you got me going on that one!) and this is a brilliant take on Tim's tag. I love how you gave the trapeze artist a rope to swing from - very clever! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Toni.....this is a fantastic take on Tim's tag....love the design and layout

    TFS and best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. COOL!!! Love the flying lady on the background! FUN take and just so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous take on the June tag - what a brilliant use of that wonderful circus artiste. Love your leftovers too... looking forward to seeing those in action!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete