Friday 18 July 2014

Take Flight - CC3 Challenge 6 'Altered Burlap Panel'.

Another late night post! I've had a splendid day out visiting 'Art in Action', an annual arts festival held in Oxford. It's been a great but exhausting day and consequently I am only just getting round to posting my Burlap Panel for this fortnight's Compendium of Curiosities Challenge number 6. It's the turn of the 'Funkie Junkie Boutique' to sponsor the challenge with a fab $25 gift receipt. Tim and Mario also have generously donated  a selection of goodies for one lucky winner.
The Curiosity Crew have chosen the Altered Burlap Panel Technique, from page 37 of CC3.  As usual we have been asked not to post details of the technique. This is the first time I've altered a burlap panel and I don't think it will be the last. Love the gorgeous rustic texture of these little beauties.
 My panel has taken on an oriental look with the stenciled wave pattern and dragonfly across a full moon. I've used my brand new Layered Dragonfly Die and Embossing Folder. Oh how much do I love this die ! I've made this one with acetate wings and a  craft metal body. No time to explain this fully at the moment but trust me you'll be seeing this again !
i'm off to do some blog hopping ! x

6 comments:

  1. OH MY CREATIVE WORD!!! Your metal dragonfly ROCKS!!! The wings are amazing too! Awesome mini burlap panel! Thanks so much for playing along on our burlap canvas challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool, Toni - Anita's so right - he rocks!! Brilliant metal and acetate combination, and I love the stencilling over the burlap texture - fabulous!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I agree with Anita and Alison! Your dragonfly is stunning!! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful, Toni! The dragonfly is incredible and looks ready to fly off the canvas. Thanks for joining us at CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If there was a Academy for Creative Dragonflies, you would win an Oscar!!! Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Toni have only just got around to seeing this as I am playing catch up. I love your idea of using metal for your dragonfly body with the acetate wings it looks stunning against the sunny background. Mo x

    ReplyDelete