Monday 22 September 2014

Vintage Style Heart

Hi everybody! I thought I'd share this chip board heart I made a couple of weeks ago as a gift for one of my lovely nieces. I am blessed with having 5 nieces and three lovely little great nieces. As the mother of boys who grew up with two brothers and no sisters, I feel very lucky to have all these lovely women in my life! I've noticed that there is a 'From the Heart' challenge over at Frilly and Funkie. and thought this might fit the bill. There's the added incentive of a lovely prize draw of a $25 spending spree for the Funkie Junkie Boutique. A Heart is such a wonderful symbol and it's nice to craft one without it even being anything to do with Valentine's Day! This one started out as a cheap and cheerful chipboard heart. It measures approximately 15cm x 17cm.
After gessoing the frame, I painted the surface with Paper Artsy Fresco Paint and then stencilled over with embossing paste, through a Wendy Vecchi Flourish stencil. Once dry I highlighted the flourishes with Inka Gold paste. I made the flowers with some off cuts of patterned papers and Tim's Tattered Florals die. I never, never, never, get tired of using this die. I hope I won't wear it out ! The centres and the 'spiky' flower have been made with a very nifty die by Cheery Lynn.
 The additional gold flourishes are also die cuts that have been embossed with gold embossing powder. To complete the project, I added a dyed bow. I didn't know how to make these big bows until Tim Holtz showed how to do it on his June 2014 tag and it seems it was Paula Cheney who showed him. Ahhhh! its all about learning and sharing and these two are masters! Thanks guys ! x

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is gorgeous! I love the stencilling on the heart and that beautiful collection of flowers. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this heart is awesome. Love it !! The embossing paste you added, the colors, and your fab flowers ... All makes this heart into something very special. You really succeeded to hit some lovely color combinations...keeping it calm without getting boring.. Impressive work.
    So happy that you shared your lovely art. Thank you.
    Ps Wish I knew how big it is....
    Hugs from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what an absolutely gorgeous project , love the soft vintage colours and gorgeous gorgeous stencilled areas . Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. Love the embossed details and your flowers are divine....your niece will treasure it

    Crafty hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a lucky, lucky lady your niece is Toni! This heart is stunning, I love how you highlighted the stencilling, the flowers are gorgeous and the bow is perfection - I love this beautiful piece. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE those flowers and textured heart. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous! Love all the details and those gorgeous flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Toni yuor poject is gorgeous ! Love the colours and the embossing. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on winning the From the Heart challenge! It is so well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous is right! Just spotted this on the F&F blog. Congratulations, Toni!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another comment, Toni...I love your flowers! The spikey ones here and on your GD spot are so cool! Going to have to try to do it without the die from Cherry Lynn.

    ReplyDelete