Once this was dry, I had some fun applying paints and sprays to the surface. I used Paper Artsy Fresco Finish paints as they have a nice matte finish. After drying the paint with a heat tool, I sprayed on some Distress Spray colours and then used my splatter brush to apply some gold acrylic paint.
The splatter brush is something of a revelation to me. I've had the brush for sometime and it wasn't till attending Tim Holtz's workshop the other week ( quick name drop there), that I learned how to use it properly. I'd been doing it all wrong! Here's a closeup.......
The next step was to cut out and colour some leaves and flowers. I used Tattered Florals and Tattered Leaves dies and also hand cut the fringed flowers. I coloured the leaves with a mixture of Distress Oxides and Distress Sprays, after they'd been cut. In order to make the fringed flowers, I coloured some strips of lightweight card, with Distress Sprays, dried with a heat tool, then made very close together 'snips' all the way along leaving a border of about 1cm along the edge. I then used a quilling tool to rolled the strip up tightly, with a touch of glue on the last couple of centimetres. I also die cut a clock face and gave it a rusty paint finish.
I attached all of the flower and leaf elements with a hot glue gun. This works for me as I find it holds dimensional embellishments in place instantly. I hope you've enjoyed this little walk through the making of my Autumn tag. If you'd like to join in with our challenge and have a little autumnal fun, hop over to the Stamps and Stencils blog with this link, and feast your eyes on the inspiration you'll find there. Happy Crafting ! x