Saturday 25 February 2012

Fashionable Stamping Challenge

Well Valentine fever is starting to subside and I think this may be the last of my romantic cards for a little while. It is similar to one I posted last week but uses a different colourway. I'm entering this into The Fashionable Stamping Challenge, Monochrome Plus One Other Colour. Once again I've used my favourite Tim Holtz text stamp from the Stampers Anonymous set 'Papillon' for the background with Versa Mark ink in Smokey Grey. I cut the heart out and covered it with some rosette ribbon which I coloured with Worn Lipstick Distress ink. I then mounted this on another heart which I first trimmed with stamped tracing paper strips. I cut the strips with my scalloped edge scissors which gives the look a bit more 'frilliness'.  The frame has been distressed with Antique Linen and Black Soot DI. and stamped with a flourish stamp, from Crafty Individuals. The frame and  'Love' ticket have been embellished with Hot Fix pearls, I get a bit carried away when using these and have probably used too many !

3 comments:

  1. Full of romance and wonderful stamping.
    Thank you for sharing with us at FSC.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very elegant card and a striking colour choice.
    Thanks so much for joining in with the FSC monochrome +1 challenge.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely romantic card, very striking red heart on grey.
    Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Avril

    ReplyDelete