Wednesday 25 April 2012

Faux Patina Tag



Wow! 2 posts in one evening. I do love making tags, quick pieces of art as simple or as elaborate as you like. I'm entering this tag into a challenge over at Studio L3 Where each week a challenge is set using a technique from Tim Holtz's Compendium of Curiosities Volume 2. This week the technique is Faux Patina. I've used Ranger alcohol inks in Stream,Pesto, and Clover with Snow Cap White and a touch of Gold Mixative, to create the patina effect on the tag and on the little frame, which is one of my Pound Land bargains (see WOYWW post below) I used part of a Paper Artsy stamp for the portrait, which is stamped with Archival ink in black and painted with distress inks. The lace and ribbon have been vintaged with distress stain in Antique Linen. The charms on the pin are a little metal heart and an old key I found in a draw at home, I've know idea what it opens but I guess I'll find out one day! x

4 comments:

  1. Toni
    I adore this tag - it is everything I love.
    I have to lol as I have a bundle of those little frames, they are so wonderful, aren't they?!!!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni, this is lovely! You did a beautiful job on the faux patina and created such a sweet work of art. I hope the little key opens a treasure for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag. I love the vintage appeal!

    ReplyDelete