Thursday 26 July 2012

Guilded Craft Glassine



I've just finished this vintage style gift box using Tim Holtz's  Guilded Craft Glassine technique from his book Compendium of Curiosities Volume 2. It's a great way to get even more out of your alcohol inks so check it out on page 39. Linda over at Studio L3 has been helping us to work through Tim's latest book week by week learning lots and lots about the techniques and products we have come to love from Tim and his merry gang. This week there is a prize of a $25 gift certificate from The Funkie Junkie Boutique so good luck everyone. I am also going to enter this into The Simon Says 'Hey Girl' challenge as a bit of feminine grunge !
I created the faux wood effect for the background of the box by using a wood graining tool with some amazing twin colour acrylic paint from Eberhard Faber. I think I will have to do a further post about this at a later date x


I really love making these 3d flowers with Tim's Tattered Florals Die. I think there's an endless variety of different looks that can be achieved. Check out this video from The Artful Splodger.  

9 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning! I love every little thing about it. The flowers are beautiful and I can't believe you did that wood yourself - it's brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a gorgeous creation , the colours on your wonderful dimensional blooms are so rich and warm, love it. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning! Those flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Toni--very rich and elegant!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's a fantastic project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! The flowers turned out beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really gorgeous! Check out SSSas!! Congratulations...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous, Toni. I love the whole thing - the design, and the gorgeous muted colours, and the flowers and butterfly, and the doiley. Just lovely!

    I've done some wood graining, but on doors, not on smaller art projects! It's really fun to do. I've got a tool for creating "knots" in the grain, and the secret is not to overdo it - I saw someone's kitchen once where she'd done all the cupboard doors, and the knots followed a sort of grid pattern that looked highly artificial!!

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete