Friday 20 July 2012

Twelve Tags of 2012 July


I made this tag on Sunday but with all the children's art work needing completion it's the first opportunity I've had to post it. Although I've been really busy, I've been trying to fit in the occasional craft session as a way of relaxing. I would like to thank everybody for the amazing comments about the children's work they are very inspiring. Speaking of inspiring Mr Holtz has managed to come up with yet another great idea for The Twelve Tags of 2012 July tag. I've had a bit of a surfeit of red, white and blue after the Queen's Jubilee and the London Olympics, so I decided to go with these summer colours. I've used Tim's Mona Lisa stamp as it's such an iconic image known the world over much like the Statue of Liberty. I used black Archival ink which I wiped the off the background in order to make her really stand out. The Eiffel Tower stamp is by Clarity Stamps. I think Leonardo would have enjoyed meeting Tim and the gang as I'm sure he would have been fascinated with all the wonderful inks, paints and stamps they've developed! x

3 comments:

  1. I really like your take on this tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous take on Tim's tag, great Mona image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just couldn't do red white and blue either. I always appreciate original renditions of Tim's tags, yours is lots of fun! Using the bright green background really pulled it all together.

    ReplyDelete