Saturday 14 July 2012

Oriental Domino Pendant for FSC #25


I've got just enough time to post this before The Fashionable Stamping Challenges 'Oriental' #25 challenge closes. I bought a few dominoes from The Artistic Stamper some time ago and felt that the oriental theme would be  perfect  for my first altered domino piece of art. I even got to use my Dremel for the first time to drill the holes! I've used alcohol inks for the background and stamped the Japanese figure with black Archival ink. The stamp was a freebie from Craft Stamper magazine. I made several attempts before I got the effect I wanted, fortunately it's easy to wipe the ink off and start again. I used Promarkers and  gold pen to add some detail before covering the surface with Glossy Accents. It's so hard to wait for that stuff to dry completely before handling it. I've ruined many a piece of work by being impatient. The beads and chain are from my growing collection of cheap and cheerful jewellery I've been buying specifically for altering. There's some great pieces out there loaded with beads and charms. The sun on my pendant is actually a punched circle from a tomato paste tube. I was going to use the gold side but I  like this pink and green circle as it looks rather  like a setting sun. x

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad you managed to get your domino piece entered Antonia because it is stunning. So glad your patience held out, it would have been such a shame to ruin this gorgeous piece of artwork.

    Thank you for sharing your domino with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful and so worth the time and effort to complete! Wear it with pride! Love this pendant! Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful altered domino, it looks really great. Thanks for joining us at FSC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your gorgeous oriental pendant, its fab. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW what a gorgeous piece of jewellery, so perfect for our oriental challenge. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at FSC. xx

    ReplyDelete