Saturday 28 July 2012

It's That Stamp Again ! FSC 26 Lets Get Inky and Messy.


I must say that this is the type of challenge that really appeals to me with words like 'inky' and 'messy' in the title. The lovely Fashionistas over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges have invited us to create 'splodgey grungy and totally inky' works of art. So my offering is this canvas, it's the third in a series of collages I've made using this phrenology head stamp which I'm still in love with and what could be better for getting messy with than Dyan Reavleys fabulous Dylusions Spray Inks! I firstly stamped a variety of images onto white tissue paper using Black Archival ink. I then sprayed the paper with several of the Dylusions colours. I also sprayed the canvas though the surface wasn't really absorbent enough to take the colours that well.After leaving it to dry I  layered the tissue onto the surface using  Golden matte medium. Once I was happy with the arrangement I gave the whole surface a coat of matte medium. to add a little texture I've used some Artist's Spackle through a stencil. I painted this with ink with a little gold Perfect Pearls added to it. All in all great fun and very messy ! x


6 comments:

  1. Loving all the textures, colours and design. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another glorious artistic piece Antonia. Love the use of tissue paper and the spraying after stamping must try this one as it sounds soooo messy and inky.

    Thank you for sharing with us at FSC.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous creation Toni. The rich background is gorgeous and the tissue paper and textured effects look fabulous.
    Thanks for getting messy and inky with FSC.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card, great colors and texture. Thanks for joining us at FSC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Toni
    Amazing depth of colour you achieved and the richness is stunning.
    Such a beautifully stamped creation.
    Thank you for joining us at FSC and once again supporting us.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, love the colours and the texture is fab x

    ReplyDelete